Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Paper Revision

When picking which paper I would revise, I read my literary analysis and research paper and they were at about the same level in terms of need for revision.  It seemed that both of them were strong and even in all categories, and I got a 92 and 93 on them.  But then I remembered that I also wrote a Literacy Narrative, and I read that.  Wow- you could definitely tell it was my first paper of the year, and it needs a lot of correcting!  I am going to focus my revisions on Word Choice and Organization.

My paper was about reflection, and I used that word or some variant of it probably more than all the other words in my paper combined.  I kind of knew it was an issue while writing it, but I didn't know how to fix it.  Also, in my paper, I talked about a period of reflection where I wrote my life down at home, and also a paper I wrote in Mrs. Milligan's class where I talked about that experience.  One comment from Dr. D said that I could leave the second writing out, and focus just on the first.  I think that would make my paper more clear, but wasn't the point of the assignment to talk about a paper that we wrote in class?  I hope that I can eliminate the second writing experience from my paper and also work on word choice to make my paper better.

The Memory Keeper's Daughter: 150 minutes, 86 pages

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I would pick a paper to revise based on how much room for improvement I had. I picked to do my research paper because I had more fun writing it than the other papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dru, I think you have a good plan here. While the literacy narrative needs to focus on a reading or writing experience, it does not necessarily need to focus on a classroom experience, so writing that you did outside of class is totally appropriate. I look forward to reading your revision.

    ReplyDelete