Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Maiguru

I am astonished with the language that my daughter has been using with me lately.  Well, not lately, really.  Every since she came back from the place...that horrid, unstable place...England.  She talks with a bratty tone and thinks that she can get whatever she wants.  I find myself in a state of turmoil.  I don't know how to respond to my daughter's behavior.  I let her do what she wants, yet she never stops asking for more.  I guess I've been too lenient, because now she's rubbing off on Tambu.  Still, I cannot want to be so strict like Babamukuru.  He beat my daughter.  My beautiful, perfect Nyasha.  Oh I must stay on her side.  I love her too much...

I am alone.  Alone in the quest for recognition of my achievements.  What about me?  My accomplishments?  I went to school and got an education.  I work and work, yet my money has no use to me.  Only Babamukuru.  He gets all the credit, and I'm left in the dirt.  But that's ok.  That's the way it's supposed to be.  And it may never change.  Unless you- Tambu, you- do something.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Dru! Even though Maiguru is very complicated you manage to capture many aspects of her character and feelings. I also like how I feel like I'm in her head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you chose to include quotes from the book in order to capture her personality. I think these are very representative of her character.

    ReplyDelete