Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Response to Comments

Dr. D's comment: Dru, you should think about taking Ethics with Chaplain Charlie deGravelles next year. That course includes visits to Angola prison, where he has been doing ministry and outreach work for many years. There are also some truly powerful pieces of writing that have come out of Angola over the years.

Tyler's comment: Dru, that was amazing. Literally I have the same problem at my house.Both of my parents are catholic and my mom Is always talking about going to church more even though on some sundays she "too tired" like the rest of the family. When my Nana was sick I prayed every night for tho get better, until I found out one day after school that she had passed. I could not believe that I prayed so hard for nothing and God let me down. After that I had some doubts in God. I finally realized that this happened for the best and It was her time. Some nights I find myself dreaming about her and I still playing our games like she was still alive.

       Thanks, Dr. D, for you're suggestion! That's a good idea, and something that I will definitely think about!  I won't be taking any religion classes this year because of choir, but once I get some more room in my schedule, I will need to meet my religion requirements, and that sounds like something I would really enjoy.  I have a friend who took that class last year, and I think she really liked it.  Also, do you know of any books/pieces of writing from Angola that I could read?  Thanks for you're comment!

       Tyler, I'm sorry to hear about you're Nana's passing.  I know that sometimes it feels like God lets us down, but think of all the many ways that he never does and causes great things!  Where do you go to church?  I go to St. Aloyisious and on Sundays we have youth group at 6:45 and Gabrielle goes too!  You should come sometime! It's so much easier to connect with than just the normal mass.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that there was a whole conversation devoted to religion in this group of comments. I actually go to many different churches, so I can't really relate with everyone giving their specific church that well. I live in a family with 5 kids, and sometimes it's a little hard to get to the church my mom had actually planned to go to, what with everyone needing to prepare at the last minute, so the church I go to pretty much depends on the time we expect to arrive.

    ReplyDelete