Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reading Response 9/16

OK, so I finished Looking After Lily this week! Yay!  At the end of the book, Haywood and Lily do have a romantic moment like I predicted in my last blog (That's right- I'm good!), however, Haywood goes a bit too far by kissing Lily and getting all over her, and she gets mad.  I don't blame her- I wouldn't want someone doing that to me if I'm married.  She's technically not cheating because she's not the one persuing the other person, but If I was her husband, I would be mad at Haywood!  I think it's really stupid that people cheat on their boyfriends, girlfriends, wives, and husbands.  It's like if you want to be with someone else, then tell your current "significant other" and break up with them!  It's so frustrating, and once you've been cheating on, I can imagine how hard it would be to trust people.  But, at the very end of the book, Shot, Haywood's brother, and Lily's wife, comes back from jail and he and his wife and daughter go off to live their own life as a family. Happy Ending!

After I finished the book, I realized I still had 35 minutes of reading left, so I started Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier.  I'm only a little bit into into it, but so far the main character, Griet, is told that she has to move to a Catholic family's house to work as a maid.  She needs to make money, because her father can't work as a tile painter as he lost his eyes when a kiln exploded.  So far, she is handling the move well, but I know if I was in her situation I wouldn't be.  My mom always says, "Dru, what are you going to do when you go to college?"  First of all, I'm quite the lazy person.  I hate doing dishes, yardwork, and cleaning, so I'm not really sure how I'm going to survive unless I'm rich and have a maid that lives in my house and a yard man.;)  Also, I am very close with my family, and moving out for college seems early enough, but from what I've observed, it seems like Grieta is even younger than that.  It will be interesting to see how she does on her own, and I'm excited to read the rest of this book!

Reading time Total 150 minutes:

Looking after Lily:
9/13/- 10 minutes
9/15- 45 minutes
6/16- 1 hour
115 minutes, 95 pages

Girl With a Pearl Earring:
9/16- 35 minutes, 18 pages

1 comment:

  1. Your a great blogger Dru! You sound so relaxed and happy when you blog which allows you to blog long paragraphs. Good job! Also _Looking After Lily_ sounds like it had a great ending I might have to check it out and put it on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete