Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Race

"The Race"



I look into that big blue space
The pool.

My home
My place.

I’m free
In the race, it’s only me

Cold water tickling my skin
As I dive in

The bubbles form a blanket
That comforts me and let’s me know
 I’ll make it.

But the fear is still there
How fast does time tick?

I see Red.

The numbers on the board dictate my fate.
I think I got first,
Judging from my pace.

Couplet: lots of use in couplets in this poem, but stanza 3 is a rhyming couplet.
Slant Rhyme: fate/pace
Imagery: water tickles/bubbles form a comforting blanket
Connotation: Red- red is usually associated with bad things, but red numbers showing a best time are good
Anaphora: My home/My place

1 comment:

  1. Love this! The ryhming and enjambment works together to create a strong image of your swimming experience.

    ReplyDelete