Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Research Update

It's that time again.  Research time.  For me, these kind of projects aren't usually too bad, but I do find them a bit boring.  I was hoping that since we got to pick our own topic, this wouldn't be the case, but now I am regretting my decision.  I wish I would've picked something more interesting that relates to my current life, but it's too late to change my topic now! :/ By now, you're probably wondering what my topic is.  "What were the similarities and differences of the lives of people who survived the holocaust during World War II and slavery in the United States?  What were their lives like after they escaped, and what did they do?"

When finishing up my annotated bibliography, I found that I only have sources about the Holocaust, and none about slavery.  So this week, my research will pretty much be devoted to slavery.  I am planning on looking at slave narratives to find my information.  The two databases I have used so far are EBSCO and Facts on File.  EBSCO has a lot of newspaper articles on the current lives of Holocaust survivors, which has been helpful.  I plan on exploring other databases, as well as looking for books in our library.  I am now realizing that there is probably more information on slavery than the holocaust, simply because there were more survivors.  So really, I have done the hard half of my research, and information will be easier to find now.

found, read and annotated one source- 25 minutes
edited and revised 5 annotations- 25 minutes

The Memory Keeper's Daughter

1/14/13- 10 minutes, 6 pgs
1/15/13- 15 minutes, 9 pgs
1/16/13- 10 minutes, 5 pgs
1/17/13- 10 minutes, 5 pgs
1/18/13- 15 minutes, 10 pgs
1/21/13- 40 minutes, 27 pgs
Total: 1 hour 50 minutes + 50 minutes of research

1 comment:

  1. Good post, Dru! This was a nice and honest analysis of how your research has been going. Also, I really like your topic!

    ReplyDelete