Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

EHS Girls Basketball


The smell of popcorn enters the stands
Feeding the mouths of ones we call fans
School spirit swirls among everyone
The team we watch will act as one

I look around for the score
The buzzer sounds and closes the door
The numbers show an overwhelming fight
They played till the end with all their might

That night they walk out victorious
But it’s not long until again they become warriors
Every game, every night
Our Episcopal Knights reignite

Until then we wait and see
If our girls will come together and be
The ones who acted as a team that day
Breaking out just to say

FAMILY ON 3
1,2,3 FAMILY!

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing, Dru. As not even a member of the team, a sort of honorary member of the fan, for you to write this means the world to me. Its great to see the support. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good. I don't think I could come up with such a good poem that rhymes and everything. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can fell how observing you are. When I read this it makes me feel like I am there.

    ReplyDelete