Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Free Post:City

      Finally, we have reached our championship season.  Two meets, the most important ones of the year, to prove all of our hard work has paid off.  Sixteen races; that's all I have left.  And for some who don't final in their events, its less.  That's counting two individual races and two relays, each swum twice over the course of two days.  Eight races at city, and eight at state.
       Today, we had prelims at city.  As I walked in the building, the familiar smell of chlorine fell over me.  Excitement filled my body.  Chatter between teammates traveled to my ears, and I was ready to do work.  I was expecting to be really nervous, but the little nerves I had only helped me.  I finaled in both my events, barely missing top 8, and have to settle for consolation finals.  In total this season, I have 12 races left.  Four tomorrow, and eight at state.  Hopefully, tomorrow I will win the consolation finals, and place 9th in my individual events.  I swam really well today, hopefully better tomorrow, and I can't wait to swim my heart out at state. 

      

2 comments:

  1. I like how you started using your senses in the second paragraph. Good luck to you and the swim team, and I hope you all did good today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dru, I really liked reading this! It was really good writing an dI hope you did good, which you probably did but anyway good job again.

    ReplyDelete