Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Reading Reflection

Nation

In Defense of Food

Split

Looking after Lily

Girl with a Pearl Earring

The Memory Keeper's Daughter- still working on this one

       Well, this is quite sad.  I always knew that I wasn't a big reader, but I didn't realize how little I read until now.  I have learned that I like intimate books with characters that I can connect to and that have deep feelings expressed in the book.  I have also found that while annotating does take extra time, it really helps me to comprehend and understand the book better.
       All of my books this semester have been excellent, except for Looking after Lily.  It was pretty good, but it got really boring at times.  This was probably a result of me reading it over a long period of time, so the story line got broken up.  Never in my 14 years of life have I read a  fantasy book.  My best friend loves to read, and this is her favorite genre.  Every time I ask her suggestion on a new book to read, she rambles off a list of about 7 fantasy/mythological books that I can't seem to make myself read.  So, my goal for this semester is to read a fantasy book.  I have decided that the next book I read will be of that genre.  Hopefully, I will be introduced into a new array of books that I enjoy!  Also, I would like to push myself to read more books.  One way that I can do that is reading more than the 150 minutes every week, and when we are reading a book in class, continue reading another book.  I hope that next semester, I can grow into a better reader.

Literacy Narrative- 12/6- 30 minutes
LOTF- 12/1- 40 minutes, 30 pages
          - 12/3- 30 minutes, 18 pages
          - 12/4- 25 minutes, 15 pages
          - 12/5- 40 minutes, 30 pages
Total- 165 minutes, 93 pages



No comments:

Post a Comment